New to me TC Seneca .36

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Ozz

32 Cal
Reaction score
So I just bought a .50 TC Hawken and the very next weekend another friend brought a TC Seneca in .36 that I feel in love with. I'm selling the .50 as I really didn't have the cash for both and I like the smaller Seneca.

Question, where can a get a drop in barrel for the Seneca. I'd like one in 40 or 45 and maybe on in .32 as well. Also, what about tang mounted sights?

Thanks,
Paul

bubba.50

Barefoot Hillbilly
Reaction score
Senecas were made with 45 caliber barrels so ya might find one on the used market. Sadly, evil-bay might be your best source. To get a 40cal you’ll need a donor .36 barrel to be punched out by Mr. Hoyt or somebody similar. If you find anybody to make you one you’ll likely need to supply a breechplug for them.

Ozz

32 Cal
Reaction score
Senecas were made with 45 caliber barrels so ya might find one on the used market. Sadly, evil-bay might be your best source. To get a 40cal you’ll need a donor .36 barrel to be punched out by Mr. Hoyt or somebody similar. If you find anybody to make you one you’ll likely need to supply a breechplug for them.
Thanks. So no one makes a new replacement?

bubba.50

Barefoot Hillbilly
Reaction score
There’s a few places might could make you one but like l said, even then you’d probably have to supply the breechplug. Track of the wolf lists breechplugs but seems they never have them in stock. Always a back order or out of stock notice on them.

bubba.50

Barefoot Hillbilly
Reaction score
Put a ‘wanted to buy’ ad in the guns for sale trade wanted section and maybe someone will chime in tellin ya where you migght get such a thing made.

swamperkk

40 Cal
Reaction score
i have a t/c seneca .36 cal,,,and i love to shoot it at times,,but i am running out of percussion caps and i cannot find them,,,i might have 25 left