• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to me BP Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently I bid on a black powder revolver on an auction site. It was listed as a Dart .36 cal 1851 Navy with engraving. Looked good so I bid on it. Got it for a $150 plus shipping. When the UPS guy delivered it and he was walking in from the end of the driveway the package looked to small. I took it in the house and as I was taking it out of the box I thought maybe the dealer broke it down for easier shipping. When I undid the bubble rap I saw what it was. Wasn't a .36 navy but a .31 pocket pistol with a six inch barrel. Original finish is near 97 percent. Very nice little pistol. I have been looking for one of these and here I got one way cheaper than they usually sell for. Get lucky once in a while. Here is a picture of it and one with .36 big brother. It is an AC date code which is 1977.

Attachments

• DSCN0173.JPG
    DSCN0173.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0174.JPG
    DSCN0174.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0175.JPG
    DSCN0175.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That's a pretty nice score. I'm a bit envious - Last year I picked up one a lot like yours, only with a shorter barrel (and different import markings). I'm really happy with mine, and have been on the lookout for another one to keep it company.

Here's a shameless plug for the video I made with mine:

That's a pretty nice score. I'm a bit envious - Last year I picked up one a lot like yours, only with a shorter barrel (and different import markings). I'm really happy with mine, and have been on the lookout for another one to keep it company.

Here's a shameless plug for the video I made with mine:

Nice pistol and video. That PR marking is the same company as made mine. Riva Esterina made pistols for Excam and they were marked Dart for a makers mark. Riva Esterina Arms Company made firearms for EIE, FIE, EIG, and others and they were marked with the PR makers mark. Some weapons do have the Dart and PR on them.

Last edited:
Nice pistol and video. That PR marking is the same company as made mine. Riva Esterina made pistols for Excam and they were marked Dart for a makers mark. Riva Esterina Arms Company made firearms for EIE, FIE, EIG, and others and they were marked with the PR makers mark. Some weapons do have the Dart and PR on them.
Thank you for that. When I was making the video I was searching on line for some idea as to who actually made the revolver, but I couldn't really find any reliable information. With a lot of these older reproduction revolvers, it seems like much of the history around them is either lost in translation or completely non-existent.

I have an 1858 Remington New Model Navy with the DART markings. It's a .36 caliber with a brass frame. It works well, but it is a bit rough - not at all as nicely finished as many of the other reproduction revolvers I've handled.

For some reason I've become a bit enamored with these old reproduction revolvers. There's just something about them that I really like, so I'm always on the hunt for ones in decent shape and at a good price - and it looks like you scored on both counts!

good honest video and nice shooting. I am glad you got away from using the wads. to me a waste of time and money

Back