• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you know the gun is not an antique post it in the appropriate forum, percussion, flint, or smoothbore. Firearm identification is for original pre 1865 guns, if you're not sure just pick a forum it can be moved. Welcome to the forum.

AS already mentioned, post your questions in the forum according to whether it is flintlock or percussion cap. I suggest just reading through the various forums and getting a feel for what is in each one. Be warned though, you may spend more time perusing them than you thought possible!

And welcome from SE Ohio!

Shannak.............You send pictures , and if the gun is a factory issue one , there are a ton of folks here to give you info. If it is an original , this might be the only place to get honest evaluation. ..............And , hello again.

Hello. Thank you for accepting me into the forum. I recently found a black powder rifle that belonged to my father. I’m here to try to learn more about what I have.
Treasure it! There are books and more books on muzzleloaders, your local library might be a great place to start. Post pictures, someone on the forum may be of help.

Back