• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New To Forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutnfancy

40 Cal
Reaction score
My name is Bruce, been shooting muzzle loaders for years. Started with an Italian made 45 cal. Kentucky rifle in the mid-'70's, wish I still had it. Fast forward to mid 1980's I purchased a Thompson Center .50 cal. Renegade kit, finished the Walnut stock with high speed linseed oil for that warm natural appearance and browned the barrel. I recently acquired a .54 cal. T/C Renegade so I gave to .50 cal. Renegade to my grandson, now I have a shooting partner, when I can get him off the computer. I also have a CVA .50 cal. Kentucky pistol.

I love the smell of black powder anytime!!

Hi Bob! Have watched some of your videos, nice work and very informative, much needed help for beginners.

I may be a little slow replying, need to learn to navigate the forum so please bear with me.

I'm more interested in passing on some info to new shooters but am always looking for any info I can pick up to help improve my shooting. I learned to shoot muzzleloaders the hard way, mistakes/screw ups, whatever you want to call them. Didn't have money to buy a lot a stuff so I had to improvise. There was no Internet to get info, it was trial and error. If some little piece of info I can pass on to a new shooter will prevent them from making the same mistakes I did.........

Besides shooting muzzleloaders I also have another hobby....straight razors and they both have something in common, every thing is personal preference.........you are only limited by your imagination!

Back