• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New to flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been shooting and hunting with traditional percussion muzzle loading firearms on and off for about 50 years. Just finished building a Kibler Colonial Rifle kit and started shooting flintlock about 2 months ago and wondering why it took me so long, because I'm enjoying the flintlock much more.
Welcome to to the forum JGH45! Took ya long enough to go flint, but at least you have a top of the line. WTG!
Larry

Welcome from Orlando, Florida!!! And I completely agree with you, I too have had all kinds of fancy guns and ended up with a Flintlock. That Flash and than the Bang is so intoxicating!! (Yes, I've gone mad) this type of ignition has lasted from the early 17th to the mid-19th century. And has conquered many nations. I use real Black Powder and at the range when every one and their M1 Garands disappear in my smoke, that aroma smells like "perfume de la Freedom" to me. ***

Welcome from Orlando, Florida!!! And I completely agree with you, I too have had all kinds of fancy guns and ended up with a Flintlock. That Flash and than the Bang is so intoxicating!! (Yes, I've gone mad) this type of ignition has lasted from the early 17th to the mid-19th century. And has conquered many nations. I use real Black Powder and at the range when every one and their M1 Garands disappear in my smoke, that aroma smells like "perfume de la Freedom" to me. ***
It was the ignition that allowed England to create largest empire in history. They can't be too bad!

Latest posts

Back