• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Strap Pattern

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Short Arm

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is a strap pattern I just finished on a new strap. This is for a hunting pouch. I did change the pattern a little.The first pic is before the wax. The second pic is after the wax coating.

Now this can happen to you. Be very careful. After laying the wax on the strap. I place it in the oven to set the wax into the fiber. The oven was set to BROILED not OVEN. Well the strap got a little hot and it's now a smoke tan strap now. I do like the way it came out. :nono: DO NOT EVER GET WAX NEAR A OPEN FAME

DSC_0072bagstrap.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

Swampy, I think it needs a little more garlic. :stir: This is one accident I do not what to visit again. :shake: :shake: :shake:

Short Arm said:
I won't tell you what Dorothy is calling me :nono:

:rotf: :rotf:

I once put snow seal on a leather pouch,,thought I'd try the oven on low instead of the stove top or blow dryer.
Trouble is I answered a phone call and got involved in the conversation.
I forgot about the pouch until the Smoke Alarm went off!! :shocked2:

Back