• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Strap for a rifle sling

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Short Arm

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is a strap I just finish.Its the Afghanistan Ribbon pattern and will be made into a rifle sling. Its headed to a gun maker back east .His making a Virginia rifle in memory of a young man lost in Afghanistan. It will be auctioned off to benefit a veterans charity in West Virginia this summer.

I am indeed VERY impressed you made the sling to the pattern of the Afghanistan Ribbon worn on Military Uniforms. What a superb way to honor that young man and his service and sacrifice!!

You have really touched the heart of this Old Retired Marine.

Gus

Thanks folks, I have a few more patterns that are going out shortly. Yes necchi my straps are very tight its my loom that does that trick

Do you use some sort of special loom? At first glance I thought it might be card woven. Wonder if that high a quality could be achieved with card weaving?

marmotslayer,I built my loom to give me a tight weave. You can get some nice looking straps card weaving but your strap won't be as tight.

Short Arm said:
Thanks folks, I have a few more patterns that are going out shortly. Yes necchi my straps are very tight its my loom that does that trick

What other patterns do you have?
Very nice work.
I appreciate your desire to honor a fallen conrad.

Might I remind folks that offering to sell or to buy on the open forum is against the Forum Rules.

I'm not saying this is happening here but it's getting darn close. :hmm:

Zonie said:
Might I remind folks that offering to sell or to buy on the open forum is against the Forum Rules.

I'm not saying this is happening here but it's getting darn close. :hmm:
Quite a few of the VENDORS on here post every new thing they make (under the guise of "teaching" or "sharing"). It's blatant advertising IMO.

I mean no disrespect in any way.

Outside of a vague and poorly referenced tie in to the making of an 18th century rifle strap your posting has nothing to do with this forums subject matter or timeframe.(rule # 1)
The focus of your posting is the auctioning off of a 21st century pattern strap for a veterans charity benefit for a 21st century war. :2

In this case, I don't consider the topics subject or the comments that have been made about it to be advertising.

The strap was made by Short Arm to honor a fallen soldier which is commendable.

I just didn't want the topic to go astray.

Zonie said:
The strap was made by Short Arm to honor a fallen soldier which is commendable.
Agreed! But is it in the appropriate forum?
Shouldn't it be posted under the non-muzzleloading discussions forum category?
After all the category criteria is:
The Craftsman
Muzzleloading related things you've made or have questions about making - Knives, Tomahawks, Horns, Clothing, Bags, etc. Traditional Only - no modern designs. Do not post items unrelated to Muzzleloading. This is not a "general craft" category

"Here is a strap I just finish.Its the Afghanistan Ribbon pattern and will be made into a rifle sling."

The guy made an excellent piece, is showing it off. What is wrong with that?! That is what "THE CRAFTSMAN" is all about. That is why I come to this forum, to see the cool stuff. He's not auctioning it off here so I see no harm and no foul.

Once again I fear I have been misunderstood, I did a poor job of conveying my point. It is a wash at best.
That is indeed a very nice strap or piece of tape.
The finished product would also be nice to see as would the loom it was made on.
Weaving interests me quite a bit. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back