• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Siamois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday I received my new Siamois style folder from Runewolf1973 and I couldn’t be happier. Very pleased to give a tip of the cap to a fellow Canadian. A lot of you are familiar with his excellent belt knives. As far as I’m concerned he makes the most HC trade knives in Canada. He had never made a folder before this but I’m sure this won’t be his last. The fit and finish are exceptional. I’m a steelworker and on construction sites I’m constantly cutting banding and shrink wrap and opening boxes of materials. Until now I’d been using an Opinel 6 as my work pocket knife but wanted something with more character and Randy did not disappoint. Way more comfortable in my jeans pocket than my larger Siamois. I’m usually not a fan of curly maple, it’s way over-represented in our hobby, but this knife is for work and play not reenacting, plus it feels really good in the hand. The knife measures 3-1/2" when fully closed and 5-3/4" when fully open. It is made from 1084.
I took a photo with its big sister by Ben Hoffman which has a 3 1/4 blade with a 4 1/4" beech wood handle.

7ED9CB6E-3644-44C1-B192-74AEF01362C7.jpeg
854BB88F-1047-4AB6-80AD-3573B63A52AB.jpeg
442D079B-1C55-4AA0-9E68-BC7A740A59A5.jpeg
F1449B17-517E-4572-A50D-BF3A0F962E58.jpeg
F4D59026-2F6B-4E14-A3FE-427657D28967.jpeg
70515595-7C3F-4106-860C-7F8BB0602BDB.jpeg

B4240BBC-9BF9-4C3B-ACE6-60DCAF0808F9.jpeg

Thank Ratò:rats!

If there is interest, I will be making more Siamois folders available in the future and I will strive to make them as historically accurate as possible. This past year has just been really busy as far as my regular work was going, so I didn't have a lot of time to produce knives. Next year I plan on taking some extra time off to get more cool stuff up for sale. Like you mentioned, this one was just a first for me. I got a bunch of beech sitting in my basement ready for the next one's I make.

Thanks!

Randy

I think the thumb button is right on, good job. The Dauphine style has an extension that puts the button farther back (see: Hand forged, vintage style friction folder knife
That's not a Dauphine but it has the extension. The problem is, when closed this extension sticks out.
Some knives have the front of the handle angled downward which helps on supporting the button when closed. A lot of blades also seem more narrow or streamlined.
In any event, good job. Did you hammer forge the button out flat? That's the way I did it.

Latest posts

Back