• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Shelter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George said:
and the surtout is a effectual preservative from rain; it is very light to carry, and being pretty full on the back, will not only keep the man dry, but also his pack and ammunition."

:eek:ff

:hmm: Is he saying this would be draped Over your pack on your back? I have seen this done with rain gear ponchos, but had somehow thought the idea (covering your pack with the same rain gear that covers your body) was a recent ww11 ish concept. :idunno: The knowledge I gain reading here, heck just reading posts by Spence widens thoughts and deepens understanding :hatsoff:

My first primitive shelter is an 8 x 8 RK baker. All natural canvas. Leaks like a window screen. When it rains, we had a plastic sheet we covered beds and gear with. No fun sleeping under plastic because the roof leaks so badly.

I went to an art supply shop and bought a 10 x 18 piece of heavy duty painters canvas. Now that is rain proof.

I'm loving this shelter, I'm heading to rural WV next week for an event, needles to say I'm very excited this will be coming along. I'll definitely get some pictures uploaded before and at the event of everything set up. If anyone is contemplating the construction of their own shelter I highly recommend it.

Back