• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening, I have been reading about the CVA Mountain Rifle for quite a while and thought it would be a good rifle for me.I wasn’t really looking but ran across this one. Barrel says Made in USA and it is super clean. It’s a 45, my favorite caliber of all guns, including the unmentionables! I got it yesterday and completely cleaned everything. Tonight I am making a ramrod for it and will finish tomorrow. It came with a ramrod that I believe is original to the gun, it has a pin in the threaded side. I’m going to shoot it this weekend and see how it does. It has a very good feel and is a natural pointer, much more comfortable than my Investarm hawken.

Congratulations! The Mountain Rifle was the Epitome of CVA's engineering. The "Made in USA" barrels are purportedly made by Douglas. I've also heard it was patterned after the Vincent rifle.

The nose cap is interesting as the were usually a pewter color. A very nice looking piece!

It's without a doubt the most well balanced gun I've ever put to my shoulder! It should also have a 1-66" Round Ball twist and be a Tack driver! Let us know how you do.

Walt

I have a couple of the CVA Mountain rifles. I had three, but gave one to a buddy. Now I am looking for guns to give his sons.

You'll like shooting it ! :thumb:

Last Fall I bought a NIB .50 Premier Grade CVA Mountain Rifle, and with it's RB twist rate will soon be taking it deer dancing.

I was able to shoot this evening, I really like the rifle. The sights were 6” left at 25 yards on my first 3 shots. I adjusted the sights to bring it in. I was at 25 yards, 50g by volume Goex fffg, .010 spit patch. I’m going to try to get it to 50 yards tomorrow. I mounted my bullet trap to this old garden tractor trailer, much easier to move around now. I’m all ears to any advice!

Attachments

• 49CCF326-47F1-4847-82C5-6D48FEE594DD.jpeg
    49CCF326-47F1-4847-82C5-6D48FEE594DD.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 60
  • F8116E03-DF77-475E-A36C-43E1D775F3FB.jpeg
    F8116E03-DF77-475E-A36C-43E1D775F3FB.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 03939874-AF20-4E00-99B3-45414A781916.jpeg
    03939874-AF20-4E00-99B3-45414A781916.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 64
I would like to see your 50 yard groups. If you can get the same as 25, which could happen as you settle with the gun/load, I would be happy. :thumb:

From your photos, please tell me your backstop is not a driveway and motor home? o_O

I would like to see your 50 yard groups. If you can get the same as 25, which could happen as you settle with the gun/load, I would be happy. :thumb:

From your photos, please tell me your backstop is not a driveway and motor home? o_O
I had already moved the target and my stuff back up to the house before I took the pictures.

That is a sharp looking rifle that I'd be proud to own. The USA barrels were indeed made by Douglas and with the Traditions springs being identical you are good to go. The .45 is my favorite and I own four of them, two flint and two percussion.

Congratulations! The Mountain Rifle was the Epitome of CVA's engineering. The "Made in USA" barrels are purportedly made by Douglas. I've also heard it was patterned after the Vincent rifle.

The nose cap is interesting as the were usually a pewter color. A very nice looking piece!

It's without a doubt the most well balanced gun I've ever put to my shoulder! It should also have a 1-66" Round Ball twist and be a Tack driver! Let us know how you do.

Walt
Mine is 1/72 twist and takes .562 rb with a
.010 patch over 110 2f.

Well unfortunately I didn’t get to shoot today, I’m really lookin forward to 50yds with this rifle.

Back