• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New rifle arrives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My TVM rifle arrived yesterday via ups. Ordered it last July. It's the early Virginia in .36 cal, left handed, percussion, 36' barrel, all iron mounted, with the basic stock. It is a really nice looking sleek rifle. Unfortunately can't shoot it til tomorrow due to previous appointmets,etc. Built by M.A. Vance, and his work is great. The wood is their common wood and is dark but has very subtle marbling all up and down the stock. Looks plain until you actually look at it closely. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Took it out Sunday morning and shot it. Short range, 25 yards or so. This rifle will only be used for squirrels or rabbits and a long shot would be probably about 40 yards. My old eyes will be the range factor.

At 25 yds. it shot about 7 or 8 inches low, but centered. I didn't have a file along so I only shot 8 shots for a group. Grouped about an inch and a half in a cluster. Was using 30 grns of 3FG and a patched .350 round ball. I did shoot one shot with 20 grns. powder and it hit inside the group too. I was somewhat surprised but I'll take it.

Gun is easy on the eyes, nice and light and thin, the iron furniture is very complementary. I like the wider more rounded butt stock with the 13-1/2" length. I'm pleased with the rifle.

My TVM rifle arrived yesterday via ups. Ordered it last July. It's the early Virginia in .36 cal, left handed, percussion, 36' barrel, all iron mounted, with the basic stock.
Wow! How did you load that critter? Did you use an aerial lift to get at the end of the barrel?
Just kidding, hope you enjoy the new rifle. We all get excited with a new MLer. Sounds like a good one.
Flintlocklar:D

Back