• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said I was a kid and picked up soda bottles along the back roads, and when your a kid in the country yes a box of 22s were a necessity, I now live a comfortable life for myself and wife, worked my butt off too get too this point, not all folks make the so called 30 dollars a hour, no one ever said anything about price goughing on a box of 22s and yes inflation, restrictions, price goughing and a joker in charge is going make things a lot worse, I suggest you go buy box a 22s (if you can find them) and see for yourself. As too wage increases the person one works for provides a wage increase, that increase in wages is passed on too the consumerr which equals higher prices sort of like a dog chasing his tail round and round he goes never too catch his tail, most likley the average worker in this country is making way less than the quoted 30 dollars a hour and raising a family, some folks just live in a fantasy land.

my meager 1% to 3% annual raises most certainly do *not* keep up with inflation, and my pension (even with COLAs) will sadly also *not* keep up with the rising cost of health insurance premiums in the long term, so my 401(k) distributions will have to make up that difference... hmmm, maybe I am not just yet ready retire this Fall, and 50 does seem kind of early/young to go

Last edited:
working at a mill on its last legs ... only two left in vermont that i know of, and the other mill doesn't pay nearly as well (although it's better managed) ... i am in a position to retire in the next few years, so if things go sideways, i'm in a hurt, but not wiped out ... then there are a bunch of my co- workers who would be completely @%&* if the mill closed tomorrow... a 56 year old machine tender - he's the guy who runs the paper machine ... a 20 to 40 million dollar gadget which can put to to eight tons of finished roll on the warehouse floor every hour ... he makes $26 an hour ... can't convince me that his wages have kept up with inflation (out contract gives 2 percent a year) ... at his age, he'll do well to flip burgers if we close.

sorry to hijack the thread ...

When I got into black powder a mans wages where around $6 per hour. Now I don’t know anyone that makes less then $30 per hour. Not that much difference in costs but harder to find powder locally for me.
Sure you do it’s every retail store clerk or fast food counter person you come into contact with on a daily basis. Amazon people start at $15 an hour and that a pretty good wage to many.

Last edited:
A dollar's only worth a dime, and my first stock boy job at Jewel Foods paid $1.25,1963. 200 paer a day route made me about $1 a day. Allowance 10 cents a week.Took a while to save for $80 made in Chicago, Schwinn Corvette and later a Ruger 10/22. It's all relative. Some things have gone up faster than wages, while others have gone down. We're always going to complain, especially old grumps. Try to buy USA made when possible.

When I got into black powder a mans wages where around $6 per hour. Now I don’t know anyone that makes less then $30 per hour. Not that much difference in costs but harder to find powder locally for me.
You obviously don't get around very much other than those with whom you associate closely. In metro Denver area a master electrician doesn't make 30 bucks an hour as a paid employee.

1782.00 this is today price of an ounce of gold.

22.74 this was the price of an ounce of gold in 1873

That ounce of gold ( whether 2021 or 1873) will purchase the same amount.

For instance ... in 1873 you could buy a Colt SAA and have a small bit left over

In 2021 you can buy the same brand new Colt SAA with an ounce of gold and have a little left over.

Just sayin.

Guess I am happy that a kid would spend his hard earned dollars and enter the sport and fun we have loved for years. Good for him!!! He will sort it all out and garner great memories for himself over the years.

Sure better than spending time with the idiots burning and trashing another's property trying to make a point.

Last edited:
Gouging, Its all Gouging there is no pick and choose any Moore at the price YOU want to pay it’s all an Inflated Rip Off, OYea…………..

Guess you hit a nerve there, BP.

LOLOLOL!!!!

OFFENSIVE.jpg

Last edited:
my meager 1% to 3% annual raises most certainly do *not* keep up with inflation, and my pension (even with COLAs) will sadly also *not* keep up with the rising cost of health insurance premiums in the long term, so my 401(k) distributions will have to make up that difference... hmmm, maybe I am not just yet ready retire this Fall, and 50 does seem kind of early/young to go

COLI??? Don't make me laugh! Never had one in my life. You need to make yourself more valuable to an employer to deserve a significant increase in pay.

If you are planning to retire at 50, you had better be prepared for a difficult financial future. Being a mooch on the dole at 50 is not a plan for financial success. No .22 ammo for you, LOLOLOL!!! 😀 :thumb:

If you are able to work, why not get off your dead ass and be productive, rather than a leach on society?

COLI??? Don't make me laugh! Never had one in my life. You need to make yourself more valuable to an employer to deserve a significant increase in pay.

If you are planning to retire at 50, you had better be prepared for a difficult financial future. Being a mooch on the dole at 50 is not a plan for financial success. No .22 ammo for you, LOLOLOL!!! 😀 :thumb:

If you are able to work, why not get off your dead ass and be productive, rather than a leach on society?
I bet you inherited money and inherited a business with your elitist style it is easy to see

Make that 2 ✌

Revise the total to 3. Before I retired, my highest wage was $22.00 and hour, 11 years ago. I had to work two jobs, I also farmed 80 acres of vineyard. The good thing about working for someone else was the benefits; insurance, 401K, and the company pension. The ranch was darned hard work for little return. Having said that, I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's, I have been blessed with a great wife, a great son, and great grandchildren. My wallet says things have increased a lot in price, not just for shooting.

Back