• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New powder horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought inexpencive powderhorn on fleabay, its got some floral carving in it and a nice looking spout, the end plug is kinda big and clunky looking but I'll be able to redo it and make it look better, it will be paired with a Hudson valley fowler I have yet to recieve( its at a buddies house waiting to have the locked
Tuned and the stock finished, the wife wont let me stray for fear of the covid scare, happy wife , happy life,) next will be a plain fowling bag as soon as I can get some nice leather, then all the fun stuff to go in it.

Sounds like the fun is starting! Making your own stuff is very rewarding. I started out years ago with a Springfield Hawken and a camo bag with plastic starters and measures. I now have a half dozen bp guns, most having their own bag and horn and things that go with them. I try to make everything but the powder. Makes for a most wonderful hobby

Finaly got to see the gun today MAN! It weighs a ton! 53 inch 60 cal barrel, Teak stock. Its an India gun, but its not over polished like most, very nicely done good fit, I have to oil fish the stock, harden the hammer and lighten the springs, very cool brass lock face

Back