• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New post from capandabll in Hungary - American target rifle of the mid-19th C.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm amazed at how he seems to be able to easily acquire a number of historical American muzzleloaders from across the pond. Did we have a period where relatives inheriting muzzleloaders just didn't want them and most ended up getting sold overseas because that's all they are able to own/shoot?

Most who collect guns in Europe are relatively well heeled and can pretty much buy what they want, as well he is living in what is one of the most free countries in the EU.

Funny how that worked out, the former Warsaw Pact countries in the EU are now freer than the original NATO countries. A matter of appreciation and knowing what you have I guess.

He is not poor - his life style tells you that. He is a professor of history, and a professorship gets paid, too. He is also a noted author on firearms of the AHE and other countries. Add to that that he and his brother also run a very successful and thriving gun store in Budapest - kapszli.hu

The store is THE Pedersoli dealership in Eastern Europe, and he is firm friends with the family - hence his oft-shown videos where he shoots their products.

That makes sense...he has connections and disposable money, whereas I do not and am therefore ignorant about such things!

Lots of work involved to concurrently maintain a successful video channel and a gun shop. Teaching is also very time-demanding. Definitely not least, I appreciate capandball's shooting skill. It is fun to watch him handling a BP rifle (or pistol), and to see the results of the many hours of practice it took to get there. I especially noticed how steady he held that heavy rifle when shooting off hand.
Very :cool: !

His personal story about his "dream job" is an interesting read. From his web site: About Us - capandball.eu

wiksmo

It is fun to watch him handling a BP rifle (or pistol), and to see the results of the many hours of practice it took to get there. I especially noticed how steady he held that heavy rifle when shooting off hand. Very :cool: !

He IS Hungarian national champion a number of times in a number of different disciplines. I'm very impressed with the re-enactment stuff he is heavily into. Some of those uniforms must cost a fortune.

He IS Hungarian national champion a number of times in a number of different disciplines. I'm very impressed with the re-enactment stuff he is heavily into. Some of those uniforms must cost a fortune.
Speaking of fortune...one does wonder how the hell he can afford all the original and reproduction firearms used in his videos.

Read what he does for a living and you'll see. He DOES run the only Pedersoli dealership in Hungary. He IS a full professor and teaches. He IS a well-known and published author in historical arms circles - in English, too, BTW. He DOES live in a cheap-ish to live-in country that has zero overseas debts or responsibilities to anybody else. His forint probably goes a lot further than our pound or your dollar in terms of spending power. Hungary has zero immigration for a number of reasons -

1. They don't trust ANY foreigners from the East, and have 100% zero history of having welcoming arms for refugees from any part of Africa or the Middle East - or Asia. Their borders, you may recall, are closed to refugees from ANYWHERE.

2. Who the heck would want to go live in a country with a totally unique language that is assessed as being one of THE most difficult to learn on planet Earth, and utterly useless outside its borders?

Also - 'I was elected chairman of the Hungarian association and later I became a member of the board of the Hungarian Sportshooting Federation. Another great responsibility is being a member of the MLAIC Comission, that I have been for five years now – and the community we serve deserves great respect. There is not a day when I don’t learn something important from the shooters and hunters we serve.....I am honoured to teach military history at the Public Service University Officer Training Faculty'.

He might not be a millionaire, but he's sure living the life of one, doing what HE wants and getting paid for it.

Last edited:
Back