• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Pietta 1851

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all due respect you have no idea what you are talking about.

OK. Yeah. Whatever.

Resized_20210910_221930.jpeg

Last edited:
And your source for that is what? You might want to watch some of the youtube videos of production at the Uberti factory. The Italians use cyanide case hardening and used to use a rolling quench that produced the lighter streaky colors you used to see. They have changed quench aeration and the colors are now pretty good. Not up to Turnbull standards but not bad.

Not wanting to cause controversy. denster, but check the date the video was released. Then and now might have changed because of the fauci, chinese turmoil instilled upon the world. I don't really know either. I am actually surprised there are enough people to work in the Italian factories seeing the chinese tried to kill them all off in the Gardone valley. I do suspect some short cuts are being taken in manufacturing :thumb: .

Not wanting to cause controversy. denster, but check the date the video was released. Then and now might have changed because of the fauci, chinese turmoil instilled upon the world. I don't really know either. I am actually surprised there are enough people to work in the Italian factories seeing the chinese tried to kill them all off in the Gardone valley. I do suspect some short cuts are being taken in manufacturing :thumb: .
It has nothing to do with the date the video was released. An Uberti or Pietta of today looks identical to one pre-covid. Done the way the Italians do it, it is an inexpensive method fo finishing and gives a traditional look. It's only drawback is the case it not deep but then it doesn't have to be.

I do not disagree with you. So, you are telling me that nothing has changed in process in the Gardone valley weapons factories since this video was published. O.K. 🙂
That is not what I said and you know it. If you believe they have changed their finishing process tell us how you know. I have guns from the pre cnc days and post cnc days to as new as early last year. The only changes I hve observed is they have changed the quench resulting in more traditional colors. Still not pack bone harcoal bubbled quench quality but pretty good.

That is not what I said and you know it. If you believe they have changed their finishing process tell us how you know. I have guns from the pre cnc days and post cnc days to as new as early last year. The only changes I hve observed is they have changed the quench resulting in more traditional colors. Still not pack bone harcoal bubbled quench quality but pretty good.

Like I said I am not arguing with you, whatever you say.:dunno:

Back