• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Parker Hale Musketoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Elk Ridge Mountain, Washington County Maryland
Picked up this Parker-Hale 1861 Musketoon SN#52xx this morning looking sad. The stock had no finish and the wood was dry. Glass bedded, it had some epoxy film smeared here and there, the metal was dry with the bore looking dirty. A couple hours spent working some oil into stock scrubbing the bore (OK :thumb: ), oiling up the metal work and lock gave me a pretty nice little rifle. It appears to be an ex-NSSA rifle with the glass bedding and front sight blade modified for competition so I'm hoping it turns out to be a good shooter.
Musketoon.jpg

How does the barrel look like? Is there any signs of rust or abnormal wear at the muzzle? These could present problems with accuracy.
Now comes the test fire, to find out which minie size and powder charge your musketoon like the best. My P-H likes a 500 grain minie with 44 grains of FFFg.

Back