• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD New Orleans Ace Screw Barrel 44 Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this in a auction and looking at an old Dixie catalog it says : Classic Arms/ USA, New Orleans Ace. Barrel is 3 1/2" long and I miked the bore at .436 ?? The Dixie catalog says it's a 44 cal. and suggests 12 gr. FFFg load. The ramrod and mounts are missing from the barrel but it came with a nice ball starter. Without the ramrod it would make a nice boot or belt pistol. See pictures for condition. The bore condition is fine. 135.00 prepaid shipping in lower 48. M.O. or check preferred, no pay pal.
2021_0914reamer0011.JPG
2021_0914reamer0025.JPG

I got this in a auction and looking at an old Dixie catalog it says : Classic Arms/ USA, New Orleans Ace. Barrel is 3 1/2" long and I miked the bore at .436 ?? The Dixie catalog says it's a 44 cal. and suggests 12 gr. FFFg load. The ramrod and mounts are missing from the barrel but it came with a nice ball starter. Without the ramrod it would make a nice boot or belt pistol. See pictures for condition. The bore condition is fine. 135.00 prepaid shipping in lower 48. M.O. or check preferred, no pay pal.View attachment 98178View attachment 98179
Put sights in the dovetails and shoot it gangsta style!

The barrel length is 3 1/2" and AOL is 9 1/4". Weight is 14 oz (approx.) just under 1 lb. It does have a "so called" safety notch where the hammer is just off of the cap but mostly in the down position and then the full cock position.

JoeDan, good luck to ya. hope that you get it. I have one and break it out when I am bored. and it is an easy clean up, just put it under the water faucet and, VIOLA, done!

If it helps, these are the instructions that came with mine. Loads like any other muzzleloader. I believe the removal of the barrel would be for cleaning and the situation covered in the last paragraph of the "Cautions"

Olfuzzy, thanks for posting the instructions. The loading method that mechteacher posted will not work with this model. This pistol loads like any muzzle loader. Why else would they originally put a ramrod on it?

I got this in a auction and looking at an old Dixie catalog it says : Classic Arms/ USA, New Orleans Ace. Barrel is 3 1/2" long and I miked the bore at .436 ?? The Dixie catalog says it's a 44 cal. and suggests 12 gr. FFFg load. The ramrod and mounts are missing from the barrel but it came with a nice ball starter. Without the ramrod it would make a nice boot or belt pistol. See pictures for condition. The bore condition is fine. 135.00 prepaid shipping in lower 48. M.O. or check preferred, no pay pal.View attachment 98178View attachment 98179

That is NOT the Liege "screw barrel" derringer. It is the new Orleans "Ace" pistol. The dovetails in the barrel held brass rings to hold a brass ramrod & it loads like any muzzleloader. The barrel does NOT unscrew for loading or cleaning. I own both & although they have a resemblance to each other are much different mechanically & in size. Hopefully whoever bought it knows what he just bought, as it was totally misrepresented by the seller. Removing the barrel, as shown in the pic is a bad idea & it should be reinstalled to the proper specs before firing again.

Back