• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new (older) 32 Crockett rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowtalks

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I recently picked up an older traditions crockett rifle in very good condition. The former owner had sighted it in and the first time I took it to the range (the walnut grove down behind the house) I guessed at 20g 3f and .311 ball and it is accurate. I love this little rifle and I can't wait to trek down through the woods and bag a few squirrels for supper. I had read that the crockett is generally an accurate rifle and the only potential gripe is I feel that changing out the front sight to one a little narrower would help my old eyes acquire the target faster.

Jim

Ive killed a sack full of squirrels with mine. I use the same load as you and you can aim at their noggins. That little ball will surprise you, I shot a coyote with it one time at around 20 yds and he fell in his tracks. My second one, a newer one is a little rougher than the first one I bought 20 years ago or so. I wish I would have kept it but this one will do fine.

Back