• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New/Old Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently picked this horn up at my local water dog races/flea market. It was intended to be a powder horn in its begining. The builder didn’t finish it as the pour spout was never drilled completely through and it had 6 tooth pick sized holes on the outside curve evenly spaced apart. I sent this out to a fellow horn builder to get his thoughts on it. When I got it back in the mail he had went and repaired the 6 small holes and done some other stuff. I burnt the hole completely through, epoxied the base plug in, using 3 dabs of epoxy in spaced out intervals, then nailed the plug in and sealed it with beeswax. Then re-stained and polished the base plug. I then cut a small piece of bailing wire, barbed the ends and drilled cooresponding holes in the horn ( it had no way to attach a strap before). I then made a pour spout plug and stained it. This old horn is back in service!

Attachments

• EE4C1801-A384-4E43-9039-E6877B8DAE8E.jpeg
    EE4C1801-A384-4E43-9039-E6877B8DAE8E.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 111
  • ACEBFA2A-1CEB-4CAA-BE0F-76366A2701F2.jpeg
    ACEBFA2A-1CEB-4CAA-BE0F-76366A2701F2.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts

Back