• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Old Guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlidePicker

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hi! I've been a gun nut since I was a little kid. I cast bullets and handload for a variety of metallic cartridges, and load black powder pumpkin balls in 12 gauge brass shells. I've shot a flintlock Dixie Gun Works Tennessee Mountain Rifle since I built it in 1980, and an Italian Colt Walker replica that I bought new about the same time. I recently got my first smoothbore front loader, a replica 18th century doglock fowler in 15 bore. I'm about to dive in experimenting with birdshot, buckshot, ball, and buck and ball with various sorts of wadding, which is what drew me to this site to read about other folks' experiences with this stuff. I've already found lots of good posts!

Attachments

• Fowler Right.jpg
    Fowler Right.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 25
Dave, perhaps you can do me a favor. As a new guy, my comments are all held up awaiting moderator approval except for this one and I can't initiate a PM conversation with anyone. Harleynut had posted a Japanese .69 cal horse pistol that now has "closed." His last comment was that if nobody gave him his final asking price, he'd part it out on eBay. That was several days ago. I'd like to talk to him about that. Time may have run out, or is likely to over the Memorial Day weekend. If board policy won't let me message yet, would you ask harleynut to message me? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back