• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New old guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windy

32 Cal
Reaction score
Howdy, y'all. I'm a 45-y'ar vet of the smokepole community, not often seen at rondys anymore, but occasionally spotted at a local lake or saltwater marsh with a double 10ga percussion clouding up the atmosphere. Could even be a few home-made wood blocks amongst my plastic decoy spread. I use a flint smoothbore for grouse and bunnies when it ain't rainin' too hard, either a repro 58-cal trade gun or a double English-style 12-bore; hunt the small local blacktail deer mostly, these days, with a caplock 45. I'm gittin' so old I don't shoot at anything that ain't got a road or good trail downhill of it. Grouse pack out easier'n deer anyway, so I pass up a fair few shots at venison. I useta collect anteek scalpin' knives and old Green Rivers; had a few pre-Victorians but mostly later stuff, even up thru the cowboy era; had some caplock Colt reproductions but I'm down to just one of those--an 1851. Me'n Mama still got our competiton muzzleloaders and throwin' knives and hawks, but other'n the backyard target, ain't stuck any playin' cards or clanged any gongs fer quite a spell. I got several shelves of fur trade history and civil war books to while away the winter months with; ain't been on my snowshoes fer over a decade.\
Gittin' windy; better stop.
windy

Back