• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New (old) guy in Annapolis, MD

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teddyascameron

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Stu Cameron, in Severna Park MD. I own/shoot/mishandle a goofy-looking “Brown Bess Carbine”.

I am an Eagle Scout and Retired Soldier; loves military history, leatherwork and historical campcraft. In High School (1989), a close friend fought at Gettysburg every year. In 1990, I drilled with original Reconstruction Era (Dismounted Infantry/Buffalo Soldier/Indian Fighter) Enfields at Fort Concho (San Angelo TX). In 1999, I fired a .50cal FL pistol at a Rendezvous in Sierra Vista, Arizona. I would have started reenacting years ago, if I wasn’t allergic to Country music.

I really wanted a flintlock, so in 2004 I spent 6 months to find The Best Brown Bess in Afghanistan, dated 1867 with East India Company markings! My Dad offered me a brand new Repro Bess in exchange for the promise that I would never fire my supposed original. Of course, I had already sent off to Dixie Gunworks for ball, powder, wads, targets, mold, shotgun-cleaning kit, socket bayonet AND plug bayonet. (I already had several tomahawks, and built my own cartridge box).

I’d like to hunt with my flint’er, but need it to shoot consistently. ”¦then I need to learn to aim it. ”¦maybe get a license. ”¦and find someone to teach me how to hunt. Meanwhile, I take it to the range every year (or so) just to see how many shots I can get out of her before I screw something up and have to pull her from the line. Every time, it works like magic.
It takes a miracle to get it to fire and then things disappear in a puff of smoke!

Watch yo’r top-knot; keep yer powder dry, and always stay down-wind of your enemy (unless they be pirates)!

Stu

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service to my country. And being allergic to country music heard yo can get a Shot for that.

Welcome to the gang. Sounds like you have agood start. Jump in any time! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back