• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Old Contest; Back to the Basics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My plan is to get out to the woods tomorrow, hopefully with one of the kiddos, and make some good smoke!

Have the kiddo shoot to!! I cant add it to the official score, (unless kiddo has an account on the forum) but I WILL do an honorable mentions section!

Skipped out of work early and hit the woods with my fowler. Was doing well until the flint was giving me issues. Should have just changed the darn thing before going.

Might go out again tomorrow but with the 45 instead.

Either way I'll have a target in the mail soon.

I'm in several forum postal shoots most months. Yesterday, I shot three different targets...and that may be the last time I do that :hmm: . I don't remember the order I went in, but the first wasn't that good. :idunno: I could have packed up and come back another day for the others. But, NO, I thought I'd get it tighter. :doh: Wrong, so they are what they are. I sent them in the mail but the probably won't go since today is Presidents Day. Better days ahead. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Awesome guys I look forward to all the targets! :thumbsup:

Everyone else: We have 9 days left in the month. Get out there and get er done!
:hatsoff:

Mad Irish Jack ODonnell said:
SNIP!
I had a thought that might make it easier for the moderator for the topic. It's enough they have to score the targets. So rather than have to create all the matches, why not have the shooters make the game. Whoever wins January's' shoot, has to come up with the shoot/target for three months later.

Jan winner does April;
Feb does May;
March does June etc.

The match info for target, special rules etc are sent to Adui who will tweak if if he feels it needs tweaked. This way it's the members shoot in the :hmm: American way: :patriot: "Of the Members, by the members, for the members!" My now defunct local ML club had a saying. "If we thunk it, we kin shoot it. Let's play!" :rotf: :2

So as February comes to a close, I recall some of you liked this idea. That said before we move forward I would add a few rules to the idea;

First, due to constraints of scoring and mail (These are essentially postal matches) I would restrict the contests to paper targets that can be mailed to me for scoring.

Second, for your idea to be considered I would need it in my private messages box no later than the 20th of the month prior to its use.

Finally; I would always have a backup plan ready in case the winner didn't get it to me in time or just doesn't want to have to come up with the next one.

So, February winner would decide on April, and have the idea to me no later than march 20th.

Is this something you folks want to participate in; or if you'd rather just come find the match posted and shoot.

So far I'm good either way, I like posting these though I cant claim any originality in the contests. Even if I do eventually come up with an idea on my own, as long as there have been muzzleloaders around I doubt it has never been done .

My target will be in the mail this weekend. I'm tempted to shoot again, but that's most because I just want to shoot more.

At my club matches, I feel the ones put on by volunteers versus ones that someone has to put on, tend to be ran better and seem to be more fun.

Maybe ask the winner if they want to, then take over if not?

Ames said:
My snow drifts in the back 40 are still thigh deep. :cursing:
:shocked2: :shocked2:

Once again I am SO glad I moved to AZ!! Once upon a time Thigh deep wouldn't have been a problem for me. That time was ending when my (Adult) children were still toddlers!

Back