New Muzzle loader

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

ctshep97

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking into getting a new front loader . I am leaning between the lyman trade rifle and the The Investarm™ Gemmer Hawken Rifle[ seems to be the same as lyman gpr}. both in 50 cailber. Anything about one over the other ,pros and cons.

Bearkiller

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Lyman is made by Investarm so they are basically the same. I have a Lyman Trade Rifle and it's very well made and shoots better than I can hold.

griffiga

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I can vouch for the Lyman being a decent gun, I have never owned an Investarm, but it appears to be a decent one as well. Is there much difference between the price? I prefer the look of the plains rifle over the trade rifle if the Investarm is such. Just my personal preference.

griffiga

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
plains about $120 more,double triger and longer barrel
I guess, my friend, you are stuck with the age old gun owner problem. Debating on which one you'll be happy with down the road. Are both out of the question? Nice to have a backup.;)

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I personally like the look of the Lyman GPR but the Trade Rifles stock dimensions fit me better. I had to add a leather cheek pad on my GPR to bring my face high enough to line up the sights. Get what fits you best as both will be the same quality. Greg