• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Movie?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye1755

54 Cal.
Reaction score
ghost said:
Has it occurred to anyone that we have been discussing LOM for 15 years? We have been panting over the Patriot for nearly 10. And we have erked at Eckert for nearly half a century. Folks are still quoting one liners from the 30 year old movie about "the evil one" in the Rockies.
It's about time for another one.
Ghost, you are so right.
But what movie want we see.
Battle on Snowshoes - Robert Rogers against Jean-Baptiste Levreault de Langis de Montregron.(Langy)
The Battle of Ticonderoga 1758 - Montcalm's Victory against Al Odds
Monongahela 1754 - Washington's Defeat,Braddock's Disater
One of Allan W.Ecckert's Books
or a special event from the American War of Independence
:hmm: :hmm:
:hatsoff:

Or how about a trilogy on the Lewis& Clark journey. I can see it now Leo DeCaprieo as Lewis and Cary Elwen as Clark. That would give us all something to be ****** about. :bull:

You Guys have all missed it!!!

THE WOODSMAN

Half of the one liners in LOM were actually from that book and not the Cooper saga. It's a frontier classic about the battle and escape of several camp followers from the Burgyone disaster.

None of the young actors available now could handle the roles in a believeable fashon.

Hiparoo said:
how about "the life and times of Simon Kenton" or Simon Girty?

It has amazed me that Hollywood has overlooked Simon Kenton. His story would be a great movie--but half the folks wouldn't believe it to be true! On second thought, Hollywood would probably screw it up and half the folks out there believe in fairy tales....

Mike Roberts said:
Hiparoo said:
how about "the life and times of Simon Kenton" or Simon Girty?

It has amazed me that Hollywood has overlooked Simon Kenton. His story would be a great movie--but half the folks wouldn't believe it to be true! On second thought, Hollywood would probably screw it up and half the folks out there believe in fairy tales....

That's what we're counting on, Hollywood screwing it up so we can discuss something new. :haha:

Has anyone ever seen Boone and Crockett on the history channel? It is basically a two hour or so dramatization with narration of Boone's life and Crockett's life. Frank House makes an appearance with some longrifles and horns. It's great.

blacksmithshoppe said:
I would like to see a remake of Northwest Passage. Who do we need to call?
Jeff :thumbsup:
me, I'll be the first one in-line! :winking:

A proper remake of Drums along the Mohawk would be nice. For many years, living in NY, I re-read that book just to know how good I had it in life. Good smoke, ron in FL

My son is 8 years old and watches an interesting variety of cartoons (most of which I detest but I still watch with him) one that intrigues me the most is one called Avatar, the last Air Bender the storyline is pretty solid, and the art work is well done. My complaint is that it is all Chinese pseudo mythology.
what I want to see is this same attention paid to our frontier past; it was certainly "epic" enough. I think an animated series based on any of our frontier heroes, Native or Anglo could attract a following if done on the scale of the Avatar series. face it, it's mostly us old codgers who pay to see the movies. An animated series might stimulate younger interests.

I totally agree. With the PC climate we have today a 'native american' leader would really be well recieved, I think. Techumseh, Junaluska, Red Eagle, Sitting Bull - quite a long list to choose from.

Blizzard of '93 said:
I totally agree. With the PC climate we have today a 'native American' leader would really be well received, I think. Tecumseh, Junaluska, Red Eagle, Sitting Bull - quite a long list to choose from.
I think there's a market for it actually. There were some graphic novels back in the 80s; IIRC, they were based on Tecumseh, Simon Girty, and I believe Simon Kenton; they sold well, and they’re now collectibles! :youcrazy:
It seems to me that all one would need to do is tap into that current of interest that the Avatar series created. Since the Avatar is very tribal anyway, and its nature themes all lend themselves well to American Native story-lines it wold be a simple matter of creating an American-based animated series that appeals to an existing audience. the possibilities of Video game tie-ins would be there as well, can you imaging a longhunter game along the lines of a Zelda or Castlevania (for those of you who know). if we reinvigorate interests in these areas for the youngsters, then major motion pictures might just become more prevalent down the road.

Skagan said:
I think there's a market for it actually. There were some graphic novels back in the 80s; IIRC, they were based on Tecumseh, Simon Girty, and I believe Simon Kenton; they sold well, and they’re now collectibles! :youcrazy:
Yip,here are 3 covers:
wilderness.jpg

AAGirty-1.jpg

86209556590.gif

I must say that i didn't like the asian manga comix.They look all the same.
There is enough stuff for great stories from the wilderness.
:hatsoff:

Skagan said:
blacksmithshoppe said:
I would like to see a remake of Northwest Passage. Who do we need to call?
Jeff :thumbsup:
me, I'll be the first one in-line! :winking:
Ok Skagan, If we do a remake of Northwest Passage who will play in the leading roles?
Jeff

I'm still workin a list of Names.
Not taking this task lightly mister!
Lotm was too romaticized, so I'm stay away from
Incessent smootchyness.
Not that there's anything wrong with a little,
Especially if it involves Kate Winslet :redface:
Soon as I get the names, I'll report back to ya.
:winking:

"Truth is stranger than fiction". An episode here in WNC occured that bares that out. A frontier woman was attacked at home by an NDN known as 'The Big Injun', she went down with 2 arrows in her, but came back up when he got to her baby girl and clawed both his eyes out- she died right when her husband made it home. And he killed the blinded NDN. More bloody frontier happenings occured than can be written about.

I think any of these characters produced with that degreee of detail in an animated series would do very well. There's enough balance of detail and fancy that would appeal to both son and father! We need a legitimate alternate to that manga/anime!

Blizzard of '93 said:
"Truth is stranger than fiction". An episode here in WNC occured that bares that out. A frontier woman was attacked at home by an NDN known as 'The Big Injun', she went down with 2 arrows in her, but came back up when he got to her baby girl and clawed both his eyes out- she died right when her husband made it home. And he killed the blinded NDN. More bloody frontier happenings occured than can be written about.
B 93, I'd say that give a movie that kind of drama with WNC providing great cinematography and you've got a hit. most of the reason I watch LotM is for the scenery.

Back