• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New mini cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btech

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished making this. 50 cal.
Cannon.jpg

That looks fantastic :bow:
was that from a kit? Are you going to fire it?

at the gun range, would it be shot in the handgun area (short barrel) or long gun area? (had to ask)

Bought the barrel on Ebay and made the carriage from hickory wood. I'm a member of a private range so I can shoot it on either.
Probably pick a morning where I'm by myself. Planning on firing round ball and shot.

Bought them on Ebay for $25. They're machined from Ash wood. Didn't wanna try making those.

btech said:
Bought them on Ebay for $25. They're machined from Ash wood. Didn't wanna try making those.

OK, I appreciate your honesty. Sooths my ego a bit also. Those would require some very accurate routing. And that would best be done by CNC. I won't tell anyone, they still look good. :wink:

is that the Napoleon barrel from eBay about 7 1/2 long .50 caliber? How is it?

50 caliber Parrot style gun. About 10" long. Gonna shoot it tomorrow.

Fired up to 36 grains with a 0.490 round ball. One round made a 100 yards.

CannonFire1.jpg.html

It's a pretty simple smoothbore barrel. Not even real smooth. Has just enough accuracy to hit a target at about 15 yards.

The mini cannons (.50 cal) I was looking at had rifled barrels, I was thinking of picking one up until I saw the price tag attached to them.

I think they are made by Traditions.

Yea, I bought my barrel for $35 off Ebay. I've seen them go for over $200.

Nice carriage btach! I believe I see these wheels on eBay but they are made of Alder. How well are your wheels holding up?

Great looking cannon! Its definitely a project I am considering for the future. I have plenty of display cannons but something I could bring to the range with me is something that definitely appeals to me. Its very clean cut and for the price you got an excellent deal!

Latest posts

Back