• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I have been muzzle loading for many years, I have 2 older knight muzzle loaders and am looking to get a new one, I dont know what brand will suit my needs, so im here to get an education on whats out on the market..I would like to reach out to 150 and possibly 200 yards with some accuracy for deer hunting, so any help with models of muzzle loaders and bullets and powder loads would help alot...I have to spend some time looking through the forum for info and ideas...Im located in new york...yeah I know...lol
Happy New Year to all...

Welcome.
Well pushing past 100 yards for deer hunting will be a bit of a challenge here on the traditional muzzleloading forum. I think you're looking at a .45 caliber conical lead bullet, and perhaps an optic to give you the accuracy that you're going to need for deer out that far. Unfortunately sabot rounds and modern bullets are not topics here nor are the platforms normally found that launch those. But something that duplicates some of the early black powder cartridges, but in a traditional muzzleloading rifle should get the job done for you.

LD

Welcome.
Well pushing past 100 yards for deer hunting will be a bit of a challenge here on the traditional muzzleloading forum. I think you're looking at a .45 caliber conical lead bullet, and perhaps an optic to give you the accuracy that you're going to need for deer out that far. Unfortunately sabot rounds and modern bullets are not topics here nor are the platforms normally found that launch those. But something that duplicates some of the early black powder cartridges, but in a traditional muzzleloading rifle should get the job done for you.

LD
after I joined here, I saw the modern muzzle loader forum...but I still have an interest in the traditionals...thank you for the reply..

Back