• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at 72, you are still a kid. I was 4++,years old when you were born. you have a lot of time to have fun!! I am, I think?

Welcome from S.C. I'm a few years younger than you. Took up muzzle loading in the early '80s. Dropped it until last year and dusted off the old flinter. This site is a trove of information and good folks. I have learned much in the past months. Enjoy!

Welcome from south west Az. I had two MZ rifles in the mid 80's but didn't shoot them much. Two and a half years ago I still had them and started shooting BP again. Now I have 13 BP guns. Be careful, Be very careful, they reproduce without you're knowing it. By the way, I'm 76.

I'm normally absent from this forum on Sunday mornings (church you know). But this morning our little congregation is skipping services because the preacher is self quarantining himself due to possible exposure.

That recess was my concern too. I made myself a nipple wrench out of a socket and it works fine. But I also made a couple of "backup"nipple wrenches out of small round headed bolts. A dremel, a file, a little imagination etc and you got another wrench. Notice the slot in the one on the right. A screwdriver fits right in. But with a little imagination anything from a coin to a pocket knife will turn the wrench. It never hurts to have a backup. Loosing your nipple wrench sure could put a damper on a day at the range. Probably not as bad as forgetting your caps or powder at home but it could ruin your day.
20210117_100430.jpg

That recess was my concern too. I made myself a nipple wrench out of a socket and it works fine. But I also made a couple of "backup"nipple wrenches out of small round headed bolts. A dremel, a file, a little imagination etc and you got another wrench. Notice the slot in the one on the right. A screwdriver fits right in. But with a little imagination anything from a coin to a pocket knife will turn the wrench. It never hurts to have a backup. Loosing your nipple wrench sure could put a damper on a day at the range. Probably not as bad as forgetting your caps or powder at home but it could ruin your day.View attachment 59061
Thanks getting good advice on here! Going to be following a lot of threads!

Hats off to the men that keep us supplied come rain or shine.....from E. Washington.

Latest posts

Back