• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a retired OTR trucker Owner Operator of 45 years!

I hauled tankers for Schneider for a few years back in the day. Got me a divorce so I went on to other things. I enjoyed it. Ran from the refineries in Houston, to Nalco in Chicago, to Washington State, to LA, back to Houston. Same run for two years straight. Lots of different weather and scenery on that run. Good to have you brother.

Welcome! What type of black powder firearms are you interested in?
I just purchased a Uberti 1858 New Army stainless, I am interested in cap and ball,also have on order the Uberti Revolver Carbine waiting for it! Am recovering from the Covid just got out of hospital last Saturday! Right now doing Reserch on gun I’ve gotten powder, balls, caps, wads, cylinder loader, measure, flask, and a few other tools. I am having trouble finding a nipple wrentch that will fit my Uberti Revolver #11 cap. All I can find won,t fit in the small recession in cylinder! I am very passionate ,about firearms, shooting, safety,etc,, and really pumped about this. Any help, advice ,suggestions are more welcome!

I hauled tankers for Schneider for a few years back in the day. Got me a divorce so I went on to other things. I enjoyed it. Ran from the refineries in Houston, to Nalco in Chicago, to Washington State, to LA, back to Houston. Same run for two years straight. Good to have you brother.
Thanks

I just purchased a Uberti 1858 New Army stainless, I am interested in cap and ball,also have on order the Uberti Revolver Carbine waiting for it! Am recovering from the Covid just got out of hospital last Saturday! Right now doing Reserch on gun I’ve gotten powder, balls, caps, wads, cylinder loader, measure, flask, and a few other tools. I am having trouble finding a nipple wrentch that will fit my Uberti Revolver #11 cap. All I can find won,t fit in the small recession in cylinder! I am very passionate ,about firearms, shooting, safety,etc,, and really pumped about this. Any help, advice ,suggestions are more welcome!
Welp, you've come to the right place. There's a few (quite a few) discussions concerning nipples and nipple wrenches (including making your own) here, just do a search and you'll find them easily. If not someone will be able to help you out or you can start your own thread asking about nipple wrenches. :thumb:

Welcome from the Ozark mountains. I had the same nipple wrench problem. I solved it by making my own from a socket using a Dremel like this. I made two one fits the revolvers and the other for musket caps.
nipple wrench 001.JPG

Back