• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Member Waxhaw, NC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, and Happy New Years to all. Very new to BP and love the history of its use (especially the Lancaster Rifles - just found out thru Genealogy my family came from the Derry-Latrobe, PA area in the 1700's) And just got a Hawken Kit almost complete for hunting the NC mountains this year too - so hoping to learn and participate in Rendezvous, and other shoots this year (2023), both locally (NC/SC Area) and away (NMLRA Territorials, etc.. ) as I can. (4 kids in activities and not out of the nest yet :)
Welcome to the forum from Nebraska! I have two Early Lancaster 50 cal flintlock rifles. My favorites!!!!!!
Larry

Howdy from Johnston County, NC and welcome to the forum.

There are several clubs in the state between Asheville and Fayetteville as rafterob pointed out. French Broad is a hellofa club with some damn fine shooters (as has been made evident by them winning the state club trophy for a few years running.) There's also Lafayette Longrifles in Dunn, Crosse Creek Rifle and Pistol Club in Hope Mills, and Yadkin Valley Longrifles in Union Grove.

Speaking of state trophies, we have a couple of big shoots every year. The NMLRA Territorial is held at Crosse Creek Rifle and Pistol Club near Fayetteville on the 2nd weekend of April. We also hold our state shoot on the 2nd weekend of September. Let me know if you want more information on those.

In addition to NC resources, @D. Buck Stopshere and myself are reps for the NMLRA and are also very involved with the state association so please let either of us know if you have any questions concerning happenings within the state.

Best regards,
RM McCoy
Sir, thank you so much for this information. The 21st October I will be going to my first shoot with the Yadkin Valley Longrifles and hope to join their group. -Muddy Bear

Back