New Member - just finished my first build. Thoughts?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

rafterob

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the nicest carving I've ever seen on a Traditions pistol. I'm thinking maybe some butt end was lost to the carving making it look a little shorter than normal.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just discovered this awesome forum and signed up. I'm new to muzzle loaders and just finished my first build: hand carving and finishing a .50 cal percussion Kentucky Pistol. I've already learned so much just perusing this forum. Looking forward to sharing is sharing with all of you. And remember... Pistols at dawn!
View attachment 92490
that is a beauty. all of the carving must have taken a lot of the weight off of it?

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just discovered this awesome forum and signed up. I'm new to muzzle loaders and just finished my first build: hand carving and finishing a .50 cal percussion Kentucky Pistol. I've already learned so much just perusing this forum. Looking forward to sharing is sharing with all of you. And remember... Pistols at dawn!
View attachment 92490
can you post the other side of it?

mushka

36 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If I may ask, how long did it take you to finish that pistol? Curious.

JollyDeathCow

32 Cal
Reaction score
If I may ask, how long did it take you to finish that pistol? Curious.
Oh if I had to guess, maybe around 70 hours - but it was a learn-as-you-go process. I'm eager to do another, could probably carve in half the time.