• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Member intro.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I have recently acquired 4 percussion muzzleloaders which I believe are originals, not reproduction.
Background on me is I’m a firearm owner, collector, FFL03 holder, shooter, trap shooter, modern muzzleloader owner, etc.
That being said I believe one of the guns I recently acquired is a 1861 US Springfield. it’s in rough condition but I believe with some work could be functional.
Holding a firearm that may have been used in the civil war means something to me.
I joined this forum to gain some knowledge from the members.
Will try to attach a pic of the 1861.
image.jpg

Welcome on board. that gun look's good. you are lucky to have it.

Hello, I have recently acquired 4 percussion muzzleloaders which I believe are originals, not reproduction.
Background on me is I’m a firearm owner, collector, FFL03 holder, shooter, trap shooter, modern muzzleloader owner, etc.
That being said I believe one of the guns I recently acquired is a 1861 US Springfield. it’s in rough condition but I believe with some work could be functional.
Holding a firearm that may have been used in the civil war means something to me.
I joined this forum to gain some knowledge from the members.
Will try to attach a pic of the 1861.
View attachment 199840
Welcome, the Bad thing about this blasted site is these so called people are GREAT! very knowledgeable and always willing to help. I know they don't care but most are good people
Just don't let them know I said any of this, as most it always goes to there heads. Lol
Welcome and have fun

Latest posts

Back