• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New member in San Diego area

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkItZero

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I'm Sean from the El Cajon, CA area. Ive been a member of some cartridge firearm forums for a while, and did some black powder shooting when I was in Boy Scouts in the early 2000s. I recently purchased a Pietta-made 1860 Army and have yet to fire it. I have thus far been unable to remove the barrel wedge, I watched several videos and read instructions and its still really stuck.

I would like to go to a black powder shoot to A) find someone who can help with the wedge issue B) break a new gun in

It appears I missed the chance to shoot with the San Diego County Muzzleloaders this month (as they meet on the 3rd sunday of the month per their website). However according to a website operated by Crazy Crow trading post there should be additional black powder shoots in San Diego County, does anyone have any information on this?

I have no idea, unless you are referring to LMC Ammo. The only place I know of in East County that sells pyrodex and shooting equipment

Welcome to the forum. :)

This really isn't the place to talk about your problems with your pistol but I know if you post the problem in the Handgun area, you'll get a lot of good advice. There's also several good threads about your problem on similar pistols so spend some time looking around in there.:thumb:

I have no idea, unless you are referring to LMC Ammo. The only place I know of in East County that sells pyrodex and shooting equipment
This place stocked cast iron pots and fire starting kits and tomahawks and stuff. But it was also back during that brief period it was getting into the wider public consciousness, and Tandy Leather had a line of mountain man findings.

Back