• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New member in Colorado

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
although I listed chicago as my location I do most of my shooting at the state range by Hot Sulpher springs , Colo. wonder if you get up to that area. E3

I shoot the Byers Canyon range every once in a while, but its a two hour drive from Golden, so not very often. I shoot the Clear Creek range more often, but it will be shut down for a year or so after January 1, so Im not sure where to go. Cherry Creek is 35 minutes away but is too regulated for my taste. The Colorado Muzzleloaders have a range in Ft. Lupton which is about an hour, so maybe I'll join and shoot there. Hard to find a range along the urban corridor. Thanks for the interest.

anyplace that's nice eventually gets taken over by transplants. the problem is they want to get away from some thing which is OK ---BUT they bring the bad habits from the place they just left with them. When I relocated to Colorado I did it with the idea to blend in - try to be like one of the locals. Levis a T shirt and hiking boots. Also a pickup truck not a Beemer or Audi. Last 10 yrs a lot of snooties moving to Grand county. Another 10 yrs. and it might not be so Grand. Progress is a gripe.

Back