• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Member from VA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBuhl

32 Cal
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a week or so - lots of great threads and information here and a pleasant atmosphere which is appreciated these days. I have one of those unmentionable rifles here, plus an old S/S Fowler that was my great grandfathers (percussion, wall hanger I imagine) and hunt and fish quite a bit. Anyway, here to try to educate myself on the more traditional aspects, pickup tips on traditional clothing and customs. Ultimately, I'm thinking I'd like to plan an "all trad" hunt or two (once I leave the truck that is - I don't have horses anymore). Anyhow, thanks for having me.

Welcome from Meridian, Idaho. Personally, I have a few unmentionable firearms too but I enjoy shooting my. 50 cal. Hawken and my 1858 .44 cal. Remington B.P. revolver. Not terribly good with either but they are really fun to shoot. The revolver has an alternate cyl. that allows me to shoot unmentionable center fire pistol cartridges. I plan on loading some brass with black powder just to see how it really was back in the 1860's until smokeless powder became available. You'll like it here, many knowledgeable people here.

Welcome from Harpers Ferry WV. I hunt in Madison County VA. Where are you located?

I've been lurking for a week or so - lots of great threads and information here and a pleasant atmosphere which is appreciated these days. I have one of those unmentionable rifles here, plus an old S/S Fowler that was my great grandfathers (percussion, wall hanger I imagine) and hunt and fish quite a bit. Anyway, here to try to educate myself on the more traditional aspects, pickup tips on traditional clothing and customs. Ultimately, I'm thinking I'd like to plan an "all trad" hunt or two (once I leave the truck that is - I don't have horses anymore). Anyhow, thanks for having me.
Welcome to you from another newbie on this forum. As mentioned there are very knowledgeable people "lurking' around that have a desire to be of assistance if called upon. i too appreciate the collegial nature of the conversation found here. Be well. Hiwallhunter from north of the line.

Back