• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

new member from tip of the mitt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyt

32 Cal
Reaction score
I found this forum while web searching a source for a trade musket. As a youngster black powder was my passion but alas I was cash poor. Built a couple percussions from parts and such. My granddad had slabs of walnut, apple and cherry in his shop attic. Would scour the Dixie gun works catalog. My dad was into muzzleloading as well I think my oldest DGW catalog is from 1954, that one is a little thin. Anyhoo thanks for a great forum

here tis, I'm guessing mid 1950s. It basically a price list

jLi1brbl.jpg

Welcome randyt. That has to be the oldest Dixie catalog I've seen in pictures or otherwise.

We spend time in the Mitten down around Grand Haven in most summers. We are staying close to home due to the virus so far this summer, but the 90+ degree temperatures have me thinking more about coming up there. My daughter and family live there.

Welcome to the forum Randy. I used to slobber all over Dixie's catalogues. I drove from Omaha NE to Union City Tenn in 1971, to purchase my first flinter. I still have it.
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

In the early 1970's , I became a frequent buyer from the Dixie gun works. What was amazing , as dumb as it sounds , you could send them cash through the mail and they would send your change W/ the goods. Wouldn't do that now-a-days.
Welcome to the forum .....oldwood

thanks for the welcomes, I haven't really done much blackpowder shooting lately, hope to remedy that. Have a couple original longarms that had belonged to my dad that I've been wanting to get out and shoot.

Back