• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Member from SC!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

I am very excited to join this forum and get into the world of traditional flintlocks. I am a student at Clemson University and hunt the Southern Appalachians. I would love to start hunting with a traditional flintlock and I am leaning towards a smooth rifle as my first choice.

I am as new as it can be to this field but can’t wait to start. All I need to do is know where to start and (if possible) with what gun...

I can’t wait to enjoy the vast knowledge that I will learn from this forum!

Welcome Harry. I just purchased a house on the west side of Lake Keowee and 6 miles or so north of Seneca. We'll use the house as a seasonal retirement home, but I'll likely bring at least one of my flintlocks down this winter in the event that I end up hunting deer or hogs down there or just decide to do some shooting. You'd be more than welcome to come look or even shoot it and I'd be happy to chat and tell you what I know.

Welcome Harry. I just purchased a house on the west side of Lake Keowee and 6 miles or so north of Seneca. We'll use the house as a seasonal retirement home, but I'll likely bring at least one of my flintlocks down this winter in the event that I end up hunting deer or hogs down there or just decide to do some shooting. You'd be more than welcome to come look or even shoot it and I'd be happy to chat and tell you what I know.
I would great appreciate that!!! Would be awesome to talk about this with someone with experience!!!!

The goal is to arrive near the beginning of December and stay until the end of April each year, so if you remember to do so, hit me up in late November or early December and remind me, either you can come up or I can meet you in Clemson for a sandwich or something (I'd buy, you college kids are supposed to be broke). I probably won't have 10% of my stuff here with me this winter, but I'll definitely bring at least one rifle and probably my fowler for spring turkey hunting, plus whatever supplies I'll need for those.

Hello everyone!!

I am very excited to join this forum and get into the world of traditional flintlocks. I am a student at Clemson University and hunt the Southern Appalachians. I would love to start hunting with a traditional flintlock and I am leaning towards a smooth rifle as my first choice.

I am as new as it can be to this field but can’t wait to start. All I need to do is know where to start and (if possible) with what gun...

I can’t wait to enjoy the vast knowledge that I will learn from this forum!
Nice! I have dear friends who's daughter just transferred to Clemson from Elon in NC. They like that Clemson is conservative; she's going into soph. year. The smooth rifle is the one type I don't have, but think the concept is cool; use as a rifle w/sights, etc., but easier to load & clean; the pioneers could also use as a shotgun in a pinch for small game. Good luck to you!

Back