• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new member from n. ca

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimaw2

Pilgrim
Reaction score
hi all. 55 year old ca. resident that wished he lived in another state! oh well, at least it is warm here :) buddy just gave me a cvc hawkin hunter in .54 cal. haven't had a ml in a few years and I'm looking forward to playing with it. I'm a hand loader of both smokeless and pyrodex (hard to get the real thing here, actually hard to get just about anything). had falling and rolling block 45-70's, inlines, cap and balls and front loaders. like to try a flinter if I had a local source of bp.

Welcome to the forum, right now any state warmer would sound good to me, heading south in march. Ever consider moving to Texas? :hmm:

Welcome to the addiction! Sounds like you've got a start. don't know what the daft rules are in your area, but several outfits will send BP to your front door...yes, there's a haz-mat fee but maybe you can do a deal with a few other shooters. Ask any questions you can think up, we'll try to help you out.

for Grey Gnome...had to turn on the AC this afternoon! Not so much for cool as to dehumidify! But still...nanner-nanner!

Where are you...last bp I bought was at huntingtons in oroville but you have to ask for it. If your close maybe we shoot the same spots.

Back