• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New member from Montana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroshtr

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all. Just wanted to say I look forward to being a member. I have been lurking for quite a while, and benefited from the forum from all the quality info available. I have had a muzzle loader since I was a kid, but only hunted with it sparingly. Now that we have a dedicated season, and some weapons restriction areas, my son and I have been participating and putting some meat in the freezer with the smoke pole. Hopefully many more years with them.
Joel from Great Falls

Welcome, good news Montana finally has a muzzleloader season. This is the second year so it will be interesting to watch how it goes. I'm hoping the modern muzzleloader crowd doesn't take over like they have in other places. Right now it is restricted to traditional muzzleloaders, a good thing.

I've missed hunting Montana only two out of the last 41 years. I've had the opportunity to live there twice and killed a number of deer with muzzleloaders there without benefit of a dedicated season. Unfortunately it's held a little too late in the year for me, but I envy those who can participate.

A young resident of Montana I introduced to muzzleloaders killed his second elk with one during this new season. A 5 point bull last year and a cow this season.

Last edited:
Hello all. Just wanted to say I look forward to being a member. I have been lurking for quite a while, and benefited from the forum from all the quality info available. I have had a muzzle loader since I was a kid, but only hunted with it sparingly. Now that we have a dedicated season, and some weapons restriction areas, my son and I have been participating and putting some meat in the freezer with the smoke pole. Hopefully many more years with them.
Joel from Great Falls
Hi Joel.
I’m originally from Helena.
Nice to see the Traditional season in MT.
I wish that had been around when I was still hunting up there.
I’ll be back in Helena next week on family stuff.
Lee

Back