• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member from MD

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E.....If it's the Little J. , I live 4 miles from it now , the branch that goes south west toward Altoona. I came from a serious hunting , and fishing family. Besides making a living 41 yrs. , mostly hunting , has been my life.

I know the area! I think the wild brown trout there the prettiest. I guess I'm the serious hunter in a fishing family, but opening day of rifle season in PA was by far the most serious day of the year.

E.........Back in the early 1980's , a rail car derailment along S.R 350 , caused a rail tanker car of vegetable oil to dump into the Little Juniata River above Spruce Creek . I saw the mess a day or two after the wreck. There were what looked like white coagulated serving tray size masses of the oil,floating on the stream. The most shocking thing, was the numbers of floating dead fish, among the masses of floating coagulated oil in stream eddies. I lived only about 8 miles from the spill site, and was then a serious fisherman. Though there was a clean up, from my understanding , it took years for the trout population to come back to a fish able level.
Though living so close to the stream , I was busy with a 60 + hr. a week job , and never took time to fish there. .....oldwood

Latest posts

Back