• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New member from Indiana - 1st and 2nd build + 40 yrs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I've lately renewed interest in muzzleloading. My 1st ML was an H&A underhammer .45 that I took my 1st deer with in late 70's. That rifle was unfortunately stolen.

I next bought some parts from Dixie Gun Works and built the .36 long rifle pictured, I was either in high school or early college.

+ 40 years later, I just finished the .32 Crockett kit. Really fun to shoot. Need to put an aperture sight on it if I am to be any danger to
the squirrels.

Now I am getting a strange feeling like I want to build a flintlock. Hope to make it to Freindship spring shoot.

thanks for this great resource. I am humbled by members skill and knowledge.

Larry

IMG_6257.jpg
IMG_6256.jpg
IMG_6258.jpg

I grew up in central Indiana, Southport if you know that area. Just ordered my second flintlock.

How is the supply of powder in your area?

Welcome from OH.
Very nice rifles.
Nothing against Cap guns, but sounds like the bug's already bitten; we'll woo you over to the flint side soon.

Latest posts

Back