• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member from Alberta

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omahkapi'si

Frontier .50
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, brand new to muzzle loading. Waiting on my new Pedersoli Frontier .50 to arrive this fall. Doing lots of homework, including joining this forum. Currently shoot Uberti Henry 1860, as well as Colt SA Conversion revolver. Have an 1885 high wall arriving this month too. Love my old cowboy guns, and now turning the clock back a little further with the cap lock. Look forward to learning.

Thanks all. I am just going through the topics and threads right now. As new to muzzleloaders I am mostly looking for the cleaning info right now....seems to be lots of do's and don't and everybody has their own opinion on it.....

Hello from West Virginia! This place is like an encyclopedia of traditional muzzleloading and everything associated with it. There are some incredibly knowledgeable folks on here willing to share what they know. You are going to have a "BLAST"!

Welcome from the Republic of Texas. How hard is it to get powder, caps, and all the various supplies up there? I have a son who relocated to Calgary for work, and left all his firearms in my keeping. I know he would love to have his ml rifle at least, but I have heard finding powder is darn near impossible. True or just some scuttlebutt?

BP is available in Calgary as are some BP subs. Cabela's has some supplies, as do the smaller shops. Online is the best bet, although BP won't ship....have to pick it up somewhere. I am just getting into muzzleloading so don't know all the best places yet.

Welcome, RR. Good to see you join here. I'm certain you'll have no trouble with getting enough info that can be considered "homework." There are a number of encyclopedic members here. You will learn a lot! :*)

Congrats, and enjoy that new rifle.

Back