• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new member from Alabama

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastrsgt

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Time to introduce myself. I've been lurking and reading messages for a couple of weeks. This seems like a friendly place so I thought I would introduce myself. I've been interested in muzzleloaders for about 25 years. My first ML was a 45cal flintlock made by a guy up in Central NY when I lived there. I also had a 50cal CVA Mountain rifle. After moveing to AL both where permanently borrowed and I was away from the hobby for 20 years. I recnetly was bitten by the bug again and bought a Lyman GPR. Nice shooting gun. I have noticed that things sure have changed in the last 20 years and I have a lot of catching up to do so I will have more questions than comments for a while.

Don

Welcome Don.

Yep, muzzleloading is like that.
Once you get bit by the black powder bug, you're infected for life.
grin.gif

I wonder if the pyrodex bug's bite is as contagious?

Welcome the camp, Don.

Had me one 'o them CVA Mountain rifles once. Fine shootin' piece it was too. But, kinda like yours, it disappeared somewhere. Must be a ML stealing ghost out there somewhere with a fine collection.
grin.gif

Anyhow, welcome again and have yourself a shinnin' day.

Hey Don, welcome to the forum. I've got one of those CVA rifles I built in '78. I cut the barrel to 26" because my exwife beat the end up with a hammer when we got divorced in '82. Even with the short barrel it still shoots sweet, just a little muley with a heavy load. At any rate, welcome back. Take care, Rick.

Welcome Don, what part of Bama are you from? I'am from the Birmingham area and back into muzzleloading after along while. I recently found a source for powder, sort of locally....if you need any. You know about the "black powder only" hunt this month?
Chas.

Chas,

I live in Wilsonville. Been here for about 10 years. I haven't done any hunting in Alabama yet.

Don

I guess you noticed and are pleased that AL had a special muzzle loader season this year. Now if they will extend it to get a couple of weekend days it will be great.

Kentucky Shooter, our ML season was three days taken away from the Bow Season. Talk is they are going to have a 1 week ML season next year at the end of the regular hunting season. That ends the end of January. I believe that Moultry of the feeder bussiness is responsible for this. Pure bow hunters are not very happy with the 3 days they lost this year. I would really look forward to another week maybe into February. Its just to hot, too many chiggers, nats, mosquitos and ticks in October. The poison ivy is still ripe on every tree too. I don't care, I'll still be a hunting! Chas.

Back