• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member. Cptesco

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cptesco

32 Cal
Reaction score
Thanks for allowing me to join the muzzle loading forum.
I am 61, a Retired Vet (1980-2010) and an RN at the Temple Texas VA Hospital.
I am very much a novice with black powder rifles. My only experience was 10 yrs ago was joining some of my fellow American Legion brothers for black powder range days where I fired some of their long rifles as I did not have any of my own. Over the past several months I have purchased 2 flintlock long rifles; 1 new Traditions Kentucky rifle and one 54” homemade long rifle and 2 used percussion Hawkins style (?) rifles. Have not been able to find any caps so haven’t fired them yet. Looking forward to reading the forums and learning more.
Thanks
Randy McBay

Thanks for allowing me to join the muzzle loading forum.
I am 61, a Retired Vet (1980-2010) and an RN at the Temple Texas VA Hospital.
I am very much a novice with black powder rifles. My only experience was 10 yrs ago was joining some of my fellow American Legion brothers for black powder range days where I fired some of their long rifles as I did not have any of my own. Over the past several months I have purchased 2 flintlock long rifles; 1 new Traditions Kentucky rifle and one 54” homemade long rifle and 2 used percussion Hawkins style (?) rifles. Have not been able to find any caps so haven’t fired them yet. Looking forward to reading the forums and learning more.
Thanks
Randy McBay

Hey Randy. Welcome from Central Texas. I haven't been on here very long but I have been helped quite a bit from several folks on here since buying my first flintlock. I have more experience with percussions than flintlocks. I live about 45 minutes from Temple near the community of Turnersville. I am still learning about black powder shooting and would be glad to help you with what I know and what I have learned on this forum.

Latest posts

Back