New member, confused

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Centurion

36 Cl.
Reaction score
so confused i don’t even know where this post will go. I’m trying to post a message on the classified page and there is no yellow box to click to enter a message. If i’m supposed to sign in first, i don’t know how to do that, and i can’t find a help feature anywhere. This is a little frustrating... what am i doing wrong?

Don Shreffler

Centurion

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Apparently there’s a limit to the length of the post - the first part of the above was cut off, but it got the point across...

Does this count for post #2?

Centurion

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Let’s suppose for just a moment that that’s not the reason, that i’ve been reading and learning from this site for a number of weeks now and that includes some of your material as well, how much of a difference would that make?

“Welcome to the Forum, Don!” Gee, thanks!

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Centurian -
1. Classifieds can only be posted in after you've been here for some time and have prior posts.
Here is the sticky from the top of one of the forums that explain all that.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/classified-guidelines.111284/

2. We have the classifieds for the members and encourage new members to become part of the community and then offer what they may have to sale. It's a low number of prior posts before posting into the Classified forums, so visit a little bit with everyone, let them know you some.

3. This is a great bunch of folks, and really say it as it is, as you may have seen above. Some are just a bit more direct than others.

4. So hope you'll stay around and learn the group

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Let’s suppose for just a moment that that’s not the reason, that i’ve been reading and learning from this site for a number of weeks now and that includes some of your material as well, how much of a difference would that make?

“Welcome to the Forum, Don!” Gee, thanks!
Hey Don, Welcome to the Forum. Since the top part of your first post did not seem to post, the introduction part may have been lost. That probably would have calmed the others down.

Centurion

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Thanks, Angie, i appreciate the response. To clear the air, i misspoke in my use of the word “classifieds”. Yes, i want to post an ad when i can, but it was to be a WANT TO BUY ad, looking for a rifle for my wife. I do have other questions, specifically about a musket, but my difficulty was in finding out how to post anything at all. Hopefully my intentions are clear enough now. For everybody.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks Don. I hope you find the rifle you are after.

Centurion

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Okay, as long as i’m here, let’s make this post #5... first, happy New Year to the forum. Second, i recently had a long-time-ago interest in bp reignited and y’all are helping to fan it into a blaze. I’ve learned quite a bit from reading just the answers to some of the classified ads. Third, my wife has been bitten big time by the muzzleloading bug after taking her first deer with an in-line and i now have a shooting partner for life. Thanks for all the help here!

Don

Griz44Mag

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
No problem Don, Welcome to the forum. ( I see you just joined yesterday)
And yes, I am one of those "direct" people.
I am also one of the first to offer help to anyone that wants or needs it, through this forum or hands on if you want to meet up.
And since you did finally share your interest and passion, I want to include you in "Dutch's Big Spender" group.
I will be sending you a PM so we can put a copy of Dutch's book in your hands. (At no cost to you)

Treestalker

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Don! Welcome to our humble Forum. Glad your wife has seen the beauty of black powder immersion, and you are indeed lucky to have a partner like that!

Jeff Kaufmann

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome Don, and a happy new year to you and yours as well! The folks around here are a great help and amazingly knowledgeable. I hope that you find everything that you need here.

Centurion

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Thanks to all! I’m not sure if this is the place for a long-bu-interesting story but the short version is that i bought a GPR and pistol in .50 percussion abt 20+ years ago, but a marriage going bad began to sour all other interest and the black powder had 0 interest. More history passes and she left.

I had an old friend of some 17 years who came alongside and after more time passes she married me. And my house and my truck and my GPR and...

So she agrees to hunt deer with me last Oct. after firing one shot from the in-line her brother insisted on loaning her, she was completely hooked. Due to a package deal, she got a .45 TC Hawken and a .54 Renegade for Christmas. Plus an old, 1974 FIE longrifle in .45 which has had the entire stick carved by an artist who was just bored, i guess. I can post photos later, but Mickey sez it’s too pretty to shoot.

Her early anniversary present was a turkey gun - a TC .56 smoothbore that i bought her after studying about them on this forum.

Now i got a problem - i want a flintlock musket so i can hunt turkey with my wife. And i never thought i’d ever say that, and y’all are partly to blame.

Thanks!

don

Centurion

36 Cl.
Reaction score
AND i’m prepared to rely completely on the claims i’ve read here that even the old Brown Bess era muskets are perfectly suitable for deer, hogs, elk, rhino, and whatever else you’re hungry for, aa long as the holy grail of the perfect load is discovered.

don

jdw276

40 Cal.
Reaction score
AND i’m prepared to rely completely on the claims i’ve read here that even the old Brown Bess era muskets are perfectly suitable for deer, hogs, elk, rhino, and whatever else you’re hungry for, aa long as the holy grail of the perfect load is discovered.

don
Welcome, as you introduce yourself and wife, let us all know where you are residing. Then other members can invite and do a meet and greet with you if the opportunity arises. Everyone here loves to show off their toys to new shooting folks.....and will help get everything up and running smoothly for ya.

Centurion

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Another in a series of brief installments on that history... we were at a friend’s house in Atlantic (we’re in Council Bluffs, Iowa) and Mickey was examining his long rifle, going from a standing shoulder sighting position with her off-leg forward, and then dropping her right arm to her side withe the muzzle still up at a 45 degree angle (get the picture?) - i swear that all that woman needed was a tricorn hat in that moment and she could have modeled for the minuteman Nat’l Guard symbol. She’s also a firmer door gunner/crew chief on a UH-1 Huey, so the Guard connection fits. And also why she got that old FIE for Christmas. The end.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Tell her Thanks for her service , and Welcome to the Forum.