• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New member checking in

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gkainz

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Hi all,
New member checking in from Colorado. I bought a TC Hawkins .50 percussion kit out of high school (1976). Many years later (1990), a co-worker suggested we put in for CO muzzleloader tags for elk and deer, and when we drew tags, I panicked but managed to find all the parts and pieces. In a hurry, I ended up cold blueing the barrel and put it all together for a test fire 14 years after buying it. I've taken a few deer and a few elk with it in the past years. It seems like it's getting more and more years between drawing muzzleloader tags here, so it ends up at the back of the safe.
The old eyes and open sights are less compatible every year, so I guess it's time to start looking for a tang mounted peep sight!
Regards,
Greg

Back