• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New member and Lover of the Old West

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy. Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a western artist selling work out of Taos, New Mexico, and lifetime hunter and horseman. Never got into black powder but am about to dive in. I’ll be doing a series on the classic mountain men in the future, placing that work to sell in Jackson hole Wyoming. Just a couple examples of my work below. Excited to bug some of y’all about how this all works.
6CAED300-B501-48A9-9F57-8CB571DFFC73.jpeg
8F2E2CEE-2C2D-4A0A-8366-8A730D302B84.jpeg
A36FCFA7-C92D-40CD-BEE4-B3EE5B0494AD.jpeg

Howdy. Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a western artist selling work out of Taos, New Mexico, and lifetime hunter and horseman. Never got into black powder but am about to dive in. I’ll be doing a series on the classic mountain men in the future, placing that work to sell in Jackson hole Wyoming. Just a couple examples of my work below. Excited to bug some of y’all about how this all works. View attachment 96106View attachment 96107View attachment 96108
your prints / paintings belong on a calendar for sure!!

Nice, I'm about 50 miles from Jackson, WY. Give out the store name, and I will try to slide over and see your wares. Welcome from Idaho.

Welcome from Florida!

Located in Taos, as you are, you obviously have some great scenery for inspiration. Regarding firearms and related accoutrements of the early west and fur trade era, you can do no better than to visit Jim Gordon's museum, which I believe is in Glorieta. I have not been there, but a visit is on my "bucket list." There is more information in this article: Historical Preservation

Mr. Gordon owns and displays some outstanding pieces, many of which were owned by actual, known mountain men and frontier scouts. Black powder shooters can be very critical regarding authenticity in cinema and art, and a visit to that museum, to view and possibly even handle those artifacts, will give you a unique opportunity to portray them accurately and authentically.

Your artwork is outstanding! I will be looking for more!

Notchy Bob

Welcome from Florida!

Located in Taos, as you are, you obviously have some great scenery for inspiration. Regarding firearms and related accoutrements of the early west and fur trade era, you can do no better than to visit Jim Gordon's museum, which I believe is in Glorieta. I have not been there, but a visit is on my "bucket list." There is more information in this article: Historical Preservation

Mr. Gordon owns and displays some outstanding pieces, many of which were owned by actual, known mountain men and frontier scouts. Black powder shooters can be very critical regarding authenticity in cinema and art, and a visit to that museum, to view and possibly even handle those artifacts, will give you a unique opportunity to portray them accurately and authentically.

Your artwork is outstanding! I will be looking for more!

Notchy Bob
I’ll check it out! Thanks!

Back