• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trade knife J

32 Cal
Reaction score
Just received a new longhunter styled knife a few days ago. Not "HC" but I really like it!

DSCF7049.JPG

Thanks! I must say pics don't do it justice. I may sound cliche', but it really has become my favorite knife. Also, dealing with Mr. LaClair was an absolute pleasure.
I've been wanting the "Shrewhawk," for a long time. Knife would be a consideration too. But, also either is a long way off if I don't find a new job soon.
Enjoy your new blade and please let us know how it performs when you've used it a bit and touched up the edge or resharpened.

Not "HC" but I really like it!
HUH?
Um, not sure what's wrong with the style? Is it the grip and rivets, or the blade shape or the blade steel?

Scalper Knife_Blades_2.jpg

Well the blade shape looks like "French" blades above in this collection of recovered knife blades labelled "scalpers". True they don't have a full tang,(please note we only guess at the tang of the top most blade), but these are thought to all have been cheap trade knives, not the only knives made, or so I've been taught.

LD

HUH?
Um, not sure what's wrong with the style? Is it the grip and rivets, or the blade shape or the blade steel?

View attachment 13442

Well the blade shape looks like "French" blades above in this collection of recovered knife blades labelled "scalpers". True they don't have a full tang,(please note we only guess at the tang of the top most blade), but these are thought to all have been cheap trade knives, not the only knives made, or so I've been taught.

LD

Thanks for the reply! My reply was in reference to my being told that hald tangs are more "correct". I have always found it difficult to fathom that well made full tang knives were "not really HC". I love this knife more as I hold it. It's just about perfect as far as I'm concerned. I'm scrounging noe for his Spanish trade knife model.

20190815_175118.jpg

Picked up this nice sticker Damascus Bowie. Didn't know what he had. Got it for 35.

9.5. Really like the drop angle of the handle. Very comfortable. Also fits my big hams well. Hold it upside down in fight mode it feels like part of the hand.

Sorry! Though he was asking about mine,,,my apologies

Back