• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Kibler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just watched Jim's new help video and they are thinking about a English trade gun as their new kit. Would be his first smoothbore. I said one in 62 cal. would be nice. What do you think?

I'm sure whatever bore size they make will be a good seller. I, like so many others, am looking forward to a fowling gun kit. This should be a popular gun.

Last time I talked to Katherine she said Jim was seriously considering a trade gun or Fowler. I'm down for whatever smoothie he produces! Fingers crossed it comes sooner than later.

Last time I talked to Katherine she said Jim was seriously considering a trade gun or Fowler. I'm down for whatever smoothie he produces! Fingers crossed it comes sooner than later.

Seems like the trade gun is a done deal. I was hoping for an English Fowler but anything they put out should be a great value....

I saw his video where he's telling of the next project. It looks he favors an early Wilson trade gun that is a beauty. It's not the typical cheap trade gun made for the Indian trade but one with most of the parts of the better made English imported guns like butt plates, entry pipes & 3 step barrels.

I saw his video where he's telling of the next project. It looks he favors an early Wilson trade gun that is a beauty. It's not the typical cheap trade gun made for the Indian trade but one with most of the parts of the better made English imported guns like butt plates, entry pipes & 3 step barrels.

That would be outstanding.
I truly was all set to purchase a TVM kit this morning but stumbled on the rumor Jim was thinking along the lines of a trade gun or fowler.
Still haven't been able to find his video that he discusses it

Last edited:
This is a good example in my opinion of a common grade English fowling piece for the American trade and what many average colonists would have available to them "off the peg" at the local stores.

This is great news! With the closure of North Star West, options for trade guns (whether finished or as kits) that balance authenticity, quality, and reasonable pricing have been a lot more limited. I haven't watched the video yet, but will do so directly.

I was thinking he probably designed that big, round-faced English lock with a gun in mind. The trade gun is probably "it."

Thanks for posting!

Notchy Bob

Thank you for posting that video, Bob McBride! It was very informative.

I sure would like to see a prototype of that new trade gun that's in the works. Mr. Kibler is doing some remarkable things.

Notchy Bob

Back