• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Kibler/Brooks rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other thing about this Kibler kit is that this was sold as his standard wood or maybe it was already on the shelf, and he sold it for standard in the clearance sale. Either way I had no input in that. No complaints here!!

Well I finally got around to taking some pictures of my newest rifle. It is a .58cal. Colonial Kibler kit dolled up by Mike brooks. Mike added the set triggers. It weighs in at 8.6lbs. I would say that anything in a smaller caliber would be pretty hefty. This one has good balance, but a .50 could get a bit nose heavy. I didn't really need another rifle, but the opportunity came along and I wanted one of Mike's rifles without the 2-3yr. wait. Due to the heat, I haven't been able to do more than test fire it.
Very nice indeed! Thanks for showing :thumb:
Flintlocklar🇺🇲

Well I finally got around to taking some pictures of my newest rifle. It is a .58cal. Colonial Kibler kit dolled up by Mike brooks. Mike added the set triggers. It weighs in at 8.6lbs. I would say that anything in a smaller caliber would be pretty hefty. This one has good balance, but a .50 could get a bit nose heavy. I didn't really need another rifle, but the opportunity came along and I wanted one of Mike's rifles without the 2-3yr. wait. Due to the heat, I haven't been able to do more than test fire it.
Very nice Colonial !! Vintage Brooks touches too.
I agree a smaller caliber would get hefty so I too considered a 58 but I’m very happy with the 54. The swamped bbl balances well, center of gravity in the middle of the entry pipe.
I liked it so much I sold it and bought another ;)

I think the carving/engraving are awesome. The "understated" work gives the rifle an elegance not often seen these days. I give it 5 stars!

This is a beauty, pure and simple. I would be proud to own and carry such a rifle, congratulations.

Looks like I got it sighted in. Ran out ahead of the rain and benched it for a sight check. 50yds. holding on the bottom of the black. .562 ball you can load with the ramrod on the gun. Center hit is from the clean barrel. Next 4 are in the group. The circle is 6" in dia. I paint paper plates with cheap flat black paint and cut them out to 6". I can staple them to anything that way.

P_20200815_161725.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back